Contact details for Youth Officers
This Scheme is administered by the Education & Training Boards on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
This Department of Children and Youth Affairs Scheme which was introduced in 1999 and aims to make provision for the support of youth work activities at a local level. These grants are made available to voluntary youth clubs and groups through Cork Education & Training Board. In 2014 1.035 million euro was available nationally.
Local Youth Club Grant Scheme 2022
Cork ETB are now welcoming applications under the 2022 Youth Club Grant Scheme.
The maximum grant available is €3,000. Closing date is 5pm on Thursday 5th May. Please note that sports clubs/groups are not eligible to receive funding under the terms of this scheme.
To be eligible for funding from the Local Youth Club Grant Scheme, the club/group must satisfy the following criteria:
- It must be volunteer led and it must be based on the voluntary participation of young people.
- 75% of the club/group members must be between the ages of 10 and 21.
- It must be able to clearly outline the benefits of club/group membership for young people who participate in its programmes.
- The club/group must adhere to the requirements set out in Section 2 of the Application Form.
- The club/group must be fully compliant with all requirements set out in the Children First Act (2015).
- All adult volunteers working with young people must be Garda vetted before they start volunteering.
- Appropriate insurance cover must be in place.
- Volunteers must have access to a first aid kit and must be able to use it correctly.
- The club/group must have a Health and Safety Statement, Policy or Procedures. (Note: this applies to clubs/groups that own premises. Clubs/groups that do not own premises must confirm that they have seen and operate to the building’s Health and Safety Policy.)
- Information on all aspects of the three Quality Standards for Volunteer-led Youth Groups that have been met by your club/group must be included in your Application Form response.
Please note that sports clubs/groups are not eligible to receive funding under the terms of this scheme.
Please click on the links below to download the forms and guidance note:
Application form: 2022 Application Form (PDF)
Foirm Iarratais: 2022 Foirm Iarratais (PDF)
Guidance Note: 2022 Guidance Note (PDF)